This robot was built using the Herbie design. Many variations of the design exist but this one is right out of the book, "Junkbots, Bugbots, & Bots on Wheels".
For some reason I decided to call all the Herbie designs 'project Eabon'. I think it's because it made it more personal and helped me focus on every aspect of its construction. I'll sway in and out of interest in the varying processes from circuit design, to physical design, to even just plain ascetics. Being an artistic type I tend to focus alot on looks. It's all good though.
This is the first Herbie design, oops, Eabon design to work at all. I was unprepared for its speed however and had designed it for slower speeds. Needless to say it ended up smashing its front end and destroying its weak sensors. Even worse was the fact that I used mismatched IRs and even the trim-pot wouldn't balance it out.
It was nice to see it work at least. I had lots to go from as well and was already planning Eabon III.
This website and all its contents are copyright 2007 mammothgrail